For all you Final Fantasy XIV fans out there, some fantastic news has arrived. Square-Enix has released information on the released date, beta phase dates & Features, It will include for the PS4 version of the game. The release date is sheduled for release on the 14th of April, as before on PS3 and PC there will be a Standard & Collector’s edition available on launch.
Check out the amazing trailer which can be viewed here.
Collector’s edition will contain:
- A free 30 day trial to get you started on your adventure into Eorzea. (also included in the Standard version of the game).
- An exclusive box containing art work specifically for the Collector’s Edition version of the game.
- A fantastic well made art book, featuring lot’s of wonderful landscapes, as well as character and weapons designs.
- Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc : The Waning of the Sixth Sun.
- Soundtrack containing a collection of amazing music from the game.
- Collective art cards, featuring some beautiful designs.
- Security authenticator to give you that extra protection for your account.
Digital content included in the Collector’s Edition:
- Fat Chocobo Mount, so you can ride around and show off your mount to friends.
- Wind-Up Moogle Minion, a friendly companion that follows you around on your adventures.
- Helm of Light, from one of the Heroes of Light and gives you some nice boosts to help you level up, as you reach a certain level.
- Baby Behemoth Minion, A smaller version of a behemoth which will accompany you on your adventures
- Coeurl Mount, another mount for traveling. A huge and fast mount which looks really awesome.
- Behemoth Barding, some fierce looking armour for you to equip your Chocobo with.
So if you haven’t got this game yet and where simply waiting on the PS4 release, well now is your chance to get this on pre-order! Plus as an additional bonus PS3 users who already own the game will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for FREE!
Beta phase dates and info:
- Phase one, will start on the 22nd of Feb and end on the 3rd of March.
- Phase two, will start on the 4th of April and end on the 7th of April.
- Times will be standard Japanese times, assumed for all dates included.
- It will be available to all who have access to a PS4 and are able to download it from the PS Store.
- There will be a character wipe after phase one.
- Phase two, you’ll be able to carry over your character to the retail version of the game.
- PS3 & PC users will be able to transfer character data over to the PS4 release. (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
Exclusive Features for PS4:
- Upgraded graphics in full glorious 1080p, as well as the ability to take HD screen shots in-game!
- PS Vita remote play, for you to explore the world of Earozea on the move.
- Game streaming and screen shot sharing through the PS4 system.
- Full mouse & Keyboard support, for all you PC lovers and KB&M enthusiasts!
- Touch pad support, for easier navigation and item selections.
PS3 to PS4 Transfer:
The transfer is scheduled to take place on Friday, April 11th. It has been stated that once you’ve transferred your account from the PS3 version to the PS4 version, you’ll be be unable to use your PS3 version of the game. So if you are wanting to have access to the PS3 version as well as the PS4 version, you’ll be better off buying the PS4 version separate, but if you’re not that bothered then the PS3 to PS4 version transfer will not bother you. If you have multiple service accounts on the PS3 version they will also be transferred to the PS4 version and you will also gain early access scheduled for the 11th to 13th of April. (also noted to transfer your PS3 account over to PS4, you must have logged into it at least once on your PS3 system).
Additional thoughts: I’m pretty excited about it, not only is it another game for my PS4, but an awesome MMORPG that has some breath taking scenery, beautiful music and a pretty solid and near perfect UI and controls, along with it a really nice storyline to go with it. This is one of my games of 2013 and to play it on PS4 in all it’s glory is a must. Mount your Chocobo’s, Equip your weapon of choice and let’s get ready for the adventures in Eorzea on PS4.
Make sure to Pre-Order the game here.